Enter Our Photo Contest »
It's time to show off your garden filled with American Meadows products!
Everybody loves "Paperwhites". They're the sweet-smelling daffodils that bloom just as well on your coffee table as regular daffodils do in your garden. And these put up several multi-flowered stems from each bulb!
To make indoor pots and bowls, simply arrange the paperwhite bulbs in a shallow bowl or pot so they don't touch one another. Surround them with gravel, sand, or even soil, but no soil is really needed. Be sure the bulbs are about half into the planting medium, with the top half sticking up in the clear. Then, just water.
Almost instantly, the bulbs will sprout, and in just 6-10 weeks, you'll have a flurry of fragrant daffodils right there on the coffee table.
|Common Name||Indoor Paperwhites - Inbal|
|Botanical Name||Narcissus tazetta|
|Zones||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10|
|Ships As||Bulb, Rhizome, Tuber|
|Mature Height||14-18" tall|
|Bulb Size||15/16 cm|
|Bulb Spacing||4 bulbs per 6" pot.|
|Planting Depth||Plant with tips above the soil line.|
|Bloom Time||Winter: 6-10 weeks after planting|
|Planting Time||Fall, Winter|
|Advantages||Easy to Grow, Fragrant, Containers, Winter Interest, Forcing|
|Additional Information||Hardy in zones 9-11.|
|Ships to Hawaii, Alaska & Canada||No|
1. Fill glass with water to just beneath the bulb's roots. The water should not touch the bottom of the bulb (see water fill line below).
2. Place bulb in vase.
3. Place the vase in a sunny, warm location. Paperwhites are tropical bulbs and prefer temperatures around 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. If you place the Paperwhites in a cooler spot (45-55 degrees Fahrenheit) directly after planting for 3 to 4 weeks the stems will stay shorter.
5. Every week for the next weeks add or replace the water in the vase, filling the vase to the fill line so that the bulb itself is not sitting in water.
6. All flowers grow toward the light, to ensure a straight stem turn vase regularly.
7. Plant bulbs in 2 week intervals for a constant display of flowers.
1. Fill a pot halfway with soil or gravel, set the bulbs gently in the soil and pack more soil around the bulbs leaving the tips visable.
2. Water the bulbs thoroughly, allowing time for the soil to absorb enough water so it is thoroughly soaked.
3. Place your pot in a sunny, warm location. Paperwhites are tropical bulbs and prefer temperatures around 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. If you place your Paperwhites for 3 to 4 weeks in a cooler place (45-55 degrees Fahrenheit) directly after planting, they generally stay shorter which prevents them from falling over when in full bloom.
5. In 6 to 10 weeks you'll have a mass of pure white, multiple blooming Narcissus in your room. When the plants begin to flower, remove them from direct sunlight for a longer enjoyment.
Now shipping within 5 business days.
As soon as your order is placed you will receive a confirmation email. You will receive a second email the day your order ships telling you how it has been sent. Orders for in-season products ship within 2 business days. Depending upon your order date, we may hold your shipment to combine it with other products on your order, if applicable. See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you need express shipping or have any questions, please call Customer Service toll-free at (877) 309-7333 or contact us by email.View Shipping Rate Chart
To determine if a plant is sufficiently cold hardy, the USDA created numbered zones indicating winter low temperatures; the lower the zone number the colder the winter.
Enter your Zip Code to find your USDA Planting Zone
You will still be able to shop AmericanMeadows.com, but some functionality may not work unless you update to a modern browser. Update My Browser