Enter Our Photo Contest »
It's time to show off your garden filled with American Meadows products!
You are Filtering By:
To determine if a plant is sufficiently cold-hardy, the USDA created numbered zones indicating winter low temperatures; the lower the zone number the colder the winter.
1. Expand peat pellets by gradually adding warm water, about 1 ¾ cups to base tray. Pour off excess water when pellets are fully expanded (about 1-1 ½ inches)
2. Gently pull back netting on top of pellets. Fluff and level surface peat. Sow 2-3 seeds per pellet. Cover lightly with peat. Place dome on tray and keep in a warm location, away from direct sunlight.
3. When first seeds sprout, prope dome open. When all seeds have sprouted, remove dome and place in a sunny location. After first true leaves appear, cut back all except strongest seedling in each pellet.
4. Add water to tray when pellets turn light brown. Do not over water.
5. To harden off plants, place in shade outside for several days (bring plants in at night). Gradually expose to full sunlight.
6. To transplant, dig holes deep enough to cover tops of pellets. Gently firm soil around pellet. Water.
Most orders ship within 48 hours or less.
As soon as your order is placed you will receive a confirmation email. You will receive a second email the day your order ships telling you how it has been sent. Orders for in-season products ship within 48 hours or less. Depending upon your order date, we may hold your shipment to combine it with other products on your order, if applicable. See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you need express shipping or have any questions, please call Customer Service toll-free at (877) 309-7333 or contact us by email.View Shipping Rate Chart
To determine if a plant is sufficiently cold hardy, the USDA created numbered zones indicating winter low temperatures; the lower the zone number the colder the winter.
Enter your Zip Code to find your USDA Planting Zone
You will still be able to shop AmericanMeadows.com, but some functionality may not work unless you update to a modern browser. Update My Browser