Enter Our Photo Contest »
It's time to show off your garden filled with American Meadows products!
Use this fertilizer for a chemical-free nutrient booster for any perennial or spring bulb you plant.
This fertilizer is comprised of: Hydrolyzed feather meal, pasteurized poultry manure, cocoa meal, bone meal, alfalfa meal, greensand, humates, sulfate of potash, and sulfate of potash magnesia.
|Coverage||4 LBS covers approximately 80 square feet|
|Is It Organic?||Yes|
|Ships to Hawaii, Alaska & Canada||No|
- 1lb. = 3 cups
- We recommend wearing gardening gloves when feeding your plants.
New Plantings - Seeds:
Sprinkle 2 tbsp. of Flower tone over seed. Water thoroughly and add mulch to retain moisture.
- Dig a hole slightly larger than the plant root ball.
- Remove half of the soil and replace with compost or peat moss.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of Flower tone into the amended soil. For larger plants (1-2 gallon container) mix 1/2 cup into the amended soil.
- Gently remove the plant from its container, loosen the roots, and place in planting hole. Backfill the hole with amended soil. Water thoroughly and add mulch to retain moisture.
When to feed: Apply Flower tone monthly from the beginning of the growing season until the middle of September.
How to Apply:
- Individual Plants: Sprinkle 1/2 cup Flower tone around the drip line like adding salt and pepper to food.
- Flower Beds: Sprinkle evenly at a rate of 4lbs. per 80 square feet. Make sure Flower tone is not in contact with foliage or plant stem. Water thoroughly after feeding.
- New Potted Plants: When preparing soil for new plants, mix 2 cups of Flower Tone per cubic foot of soil (1.5 tbsp. per quart).
- Established Plants: Sprinkle 1.5 tsp. of Flower- tone for every 4 inches of pot diameter into the soil along the outer edge of the pot. Water thoroughly.
Most orders ship within 48 hours or less.
As soon as your order is placed you will receive a confirmation email. You will receive a second email the day your order ships telling you how it has been sent. Orders for in-season products ship within 48 hours or less. Depending upon your order date, we may hold your shipment to combine it with other products on your order, if applicable. See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you need express shipping or have any questions, please call Customer Service toll-free at (877) 309-7333 or contact us by email.View Shipping Rate Chart
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about American Meadows Organic Flower Fertilizer:
Getting large blooms in the desert soil is not easy. Using this product in what passes as soil here in the desert enhances your soil and the flowers love it. I had more blossoms that were bigger and lasted longer than I have had in years. Even my neighbors commented about how lush and beautiful my annual wildflower bed looked this year. The product is easy to use, not only because it comes in a small bag that is easy to carry in one hand, but also since the grains of fertilizer are big enough to see where they land. This ensures even distribution on the soil and around the garden.
To determine if a plant is sufficiently cold hardy, the USDA created numbered zones indicating winter low temperatures; the lower the zone number the colder the winter.
Enter your Zip Code to find your USDA Planting Zone
You will still be able to shop AmericanMeadows.com, but some functionality may not work unless you update to a modern browser. Update My Browser