Enter Our Photo Contest »
It's time to show off your garden filled with American Meadows products!
You are Filtering By:
To determine if a plant is sufficiently cold-hardy, the USDA created numbered zones indicating winter low temperatures; the lower the zone number the colder the winter.
Soil Test Kit comes with complete instructions on both testing and modifying your soil to help your plants grow the best they can!
|Ships to Hawaii, Alaska & Canada||Yes|
Each test and capsule is color – coded: Green = pH, Purple = Nitrogen, Blue = Phosphorus, Orange – Potash, with a separate color bar to compare your results.
pH Test Only:
Take a soil sample from about 4” below the surface.
1. Remove cap from one of the green capped tubes. Remove the green capsules.
2. Fill tube with soil to the first line.
3. Carefully open a green capsule and pour power into the tube.
4. Add water (preferably distilled) to the fourth line.
5. Cap tube and shake thoroughly.
6. Allow soil to settle and color to develop for about a minute.
7. Compare color of solution to the pH color chart. Repeat for remaining capsules.
N, P & K Tests:
Take a soil sample from about 4” below the surface. Fill a clean jar or can with 1 part soil and 5 parts water. Thoroughly shake or stir the soil and water together for at least one minute and then allow the mixture to settle out for at least 10 minutes.
1. Remove the cap from the tube. Remove colored capsules. (Please note that the color of the capsules should match the color of the tube cap.) Fill the tube to the fourth line with liquid from your soil mixture. Avoid disturbing the sediment.
2. Carefully separate the two halves of one of the capsules previously removed from the tube. Pour the powder into the tube.
3. Cap the tube and shake thoroughly. Allow color to develop for about 10 minutes.
4. Compare color of solution to the appropriate portion of the plant food color chart. (For best results allow daylight, not direct sunlight, to illuminate the solution.)
Most orders ship within 48 hours or less.
As soon as your order is placed you will receive a confirmation email. You will receive a second email the day your order ships telling you how it has been sent. Orders for in-season products ship within 48 hours or less. Depending upon your order date, we may hold your shipment to combine it with other products on your order, if applicable. See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you need express shipping or have any questions, please call Customer Service toll-free at (877) 309-7333 or contact us by email.View Shipping Rate Chart
To determine if a plant is sufficiently cold hardy, the USDA created numbered zones indicating winter low temperatures; the lower the zone number the colder the winter.
Enter your Zip Code to find your USDA Planting Zone
You will still be able to shop AmericanMeadows.com, but some functionality may not work unless you update to a modern browser. Update My Browser