Enter Our Photo Contest »
It's time to show off your garden filled with American Meadows products!
Our exclusive kit comes in a galvanized tin, features our top-quality Paperwhite bulbs, plus a liner and growing medium. Paperwhites are classic, easy-to-grow bulbs known for their pert, cheerful blooms and fragrance. Each multi-stemmed Paperwhite, a member of the daffodil family, will grow to be 16-20" tall. We package all 5 bulbs in a sweetly chic burlap bag finished with a red satin bow. This kit is a favorite with savvy holiday gift-givers, and is perfect for sharing with hostesses, teachers, neighbors, and flowering-loving friends and family. gift.
Paperwhites are one of the easiest bulbs to grow indoors. It's easy to spread some springtime cheer deep into winter by growing Paperwhites inside. Just a few days after potting, the stems will begin to form; in just weeks your Paperwhites will share their plentiful daffodil-like flowers. (Each kit contains 5 bulbs that will produce multiple stems with multiple blooms.) Within 6 to 10 weeks from first watering to full bloom, your Paperwhites will put on a gorgeous spring-like show for over a month.
Note about Gifts: If you are ordering gifts that will require shipping to more than one address, please create separate orders for each address, since shipping for each must be recorded separately.
Quantity Discounts and Corporate Gifts: If you'd like 25 or more kits, please call (877) 309-7333 for special quantity discounts on this product.
5 Paperwhite Bulbs
Galvanized Pot and Liner
Professional Growing Medium
|Common Name||Indoor Daffodil - Ziva|
|Botanical Name||Narcissus tazetta|
|Zones||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10|
|Ships As||Planting Kit|
|Mature Height||16-20" tall|
|Bulb Size||14/15 cm|
|Bulb Spacing||Plant all 5 bulbs in planter evenly spaced.|
|Planting Depth||Plant with tips above the soil line.|
|Bloom Time||Winter: 6-10 weeks after planting.|
|Days to Bloom||6-10 weeks after planting.|
|Planting Time||Fall, Winter|
|Advantages||Easy to Grow, Fragrant, Containers, Forcing|
|Ships to Hawaii, Alaska & Canada||No|
1. Fill glass with water to just beneath the bulb's roots. The water should not touch the bottom of the bulb (see water fill line below).
2. Place bulb in vase.
3. Place the vase in a sunny, warm location. Paperwhites are tropical bulbs and prefer temperatures around 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. If you place the Paperwhites in a cooler spot (45-55 degrees Fahrenheit) directly after planting for 3 to 4 weeks the stems will stay shorter.
5. Every week for the next weeks add or replace the water in the vase, filling the vase to the fill line so that the bulb itself is not sitting in water.
6. All flowers grow toward the light, to ensure a straight stem turn vase regularly.
7. Plant bulbs in 2 week intervals for a constant display of flowers.
1. Fill a pot halfway with soil or gravel, set the bulbs gently in the soil and pack more soil around the bulbs leaving the tips visable.
2. Water the bulbs thoroughly, allowing time for the soil to absorb enough water so it is thoroughly soaked.
3. Place your pot in a sunny, warm location. Paperwhites are tropical bulbs and prefer temperatures around 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. If you place your Paperwhites for 3 to 4 weeks in a cooler place (45-55 degrees Fahrenheit) directly after planting, they generally stay shorter which prevents them from falling over when in full bloom.
5. In 6 to 10 weeks you'll have a mass of pure white, multiple blooming Narcissus in your room. When the plants begin to flower, remove them from direct sunlight for a longer enjoyment.
Now shipping within 5 business days.
As soon as your order is placed you will receive a confirmation email. You will receive a second email the day your order ships telling you how it has been sent. Orders for in-season products ship within 2 business days. Depending upon your order date, we may hold your shipment to combine it with other products on your order, if applicable. See our shipping information page for approximate ship dates and more detailed information. If you need express shipping or have any questions, please call Customer Service toll-free at (877) 309-7333 or contact us by email.View Shipping Rate Chart
To determine if a plant is sufficiently cold hardy, the USDA created numbered zones indicating winter low temperatures; the lower the zone number the colder the winter.
Enter your Zip Code to find your USDA Planting Zone
You will still be able to shop AmericanMeadows.com, but some functionality may not work unless you update to a modern browser. Update My Browser