Whether you’re hosting a small backyard get-together with family and friends or a big barn celebration with hundreds of people, favors that grow and bloom are something guests will hold on to and remember your special day. Seed packets are a popular favor at weddings, but there are countless other ways to bring your love of gardening home with guests after your special day. We’ve put together a variety of easy ways to create your own DIY Flower Wedding Favors with Flower Bulbs and Seed Paper.
DIY Flower Wedding Favors: Seed Paper
We have a colorful selection of seed paper products for weddings, including the plantable flowers seen here, seed paper confetti, seed paper butterflies, and more. All of our seed paper products are extremely easy to grow and will reward with quick, colorful blooms starting just weeks after your guests plant them. Here are some of our favorite favor ideas using seed paper:
- Place a tray or bowl out at a table and let people choose their own plantable seed paper flower (or heart).
- Tie several seed paper flowers together with twine or ribbon and place them at each table setting.
- Place several seed paper flowers in small organza bags to leave at each table setting.
- Tie a seed paper flower to a small jar using twine or ribbon and place a small bouquet of wildflowers in the jar at each setting. Guests can take the entire thing home!
If you’re getting married in the spring or summer, Gladiolus bulbs or other spring-planted flower bulbs are a great choice for favors.
If you’re getting married in the fall, Tulip bulbs or other fall-planted flower bulbs are a fantastic option as well.
Guests can plant the bulbs in containers or directly in their gardens and think of your special day as they grow and bloom. Here are some of our favorite favor ideas using bulbs:
- Place 1-3 bulbs in a small organza bag and place one at each table setting.
- Place 1-3 bulbs in a small organza bag and tie a seed paper heart or flower to the bag with twine. Place one at each table setting.
- Use twine to tie one bulb and one seed paper flower together and place at each table setting.
- Like with seed paper, you could also make a display with a variety of bulbs and ask people to choose their own.
One of the best parts about these DIY Flower Wedding Favors is there are no limits to what you can do; it’s up to you and your creativity! If you have a certain color scheme, you can find organza bags or seed paper items that match. If you have a favorite flower and your budget allows, give guests the opportunity to plant one in their own gardens. They’ll be sure to remember you and your wedding every time the plant comes up and blooms in their garden. The most important thing is that you have fun with these favors and that they represent your love of gardening and beautifying the earth.