This is a home garden favorite with large deep blue berries that matures a few days earlier than Blue Crop.
With Blueberry Blue Ray in your garden, you'll be in good company; its one of the most popular home blueberries throughout the northeast and midwest. The four to six-foot bushes are famous for heavy crops and dependable winter hardiness.
Choose a spot in the garden with good drainage in full sun to partial shade. Blueberries are high in anti-oxidants and good for your health.
1. Space plants 4 feet apart in rows that are 10 feet apart. Dig a hole two times the width of the root ball in good loose garden soil with a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 amending if necessary.
2. Remove the plant from packaging and lightly loosen the bottom of the root ball to release the roots as you set it in place in the hole.
3. Keep the top of the root ball even with soil surface and fill in around the roots. Lightly tamp dirt around your newly planted blueberry.
4. Water well and add additional soil if necessary and water again.
5. Extremely hardy plants, once establishes will produce a crop for many years.
HARVEST TIME: Early to mid season
HABIT: Small ornamental shrub that produces a high yield of large aromatic sweet fruit.
USAGE: Fresh eating, jams and jellies, freezes well and baking.
PLANTING TIPS: Annual pruning to remove the small branches near the base of the plant and any dead or injured branches is recommended. This promotes and upright vigorous bush producing larger berries that tend to ripen faster.
|Item Package Size|
Package of 1
High Bush Blueberry
4, 5, 6, 7
|Estimated Mature Spread|
Harvest in July and August
Keep the top of the root ball even with soil surface.
Loamy Soil, Acidic Soil
Average, Well Draining
Attract Birds, Bee Friendly, Native, Edible
Spring / Summer
|Ships to Hawaii, Alaska & Canada|