1. Plant canes 2 feet apart creating hedgerows that are 10 feet apart. Dig a hole two times the width of the root ball in good loose garden soil with a pH of 5.8 to 6.5 amending if necessary.
2. Remove plant from packaging and lightly loosen the bottom of the root ball to release the roots as you set it in place in the hole.
3. Keep the top of the root ball even with soil surface and fill in around the roots. Lightly tamp dirt around your newly planted raspberries.
4. Water well and add additional soil if necessary and water again.
5. Keep weed-free, watered when necessary and pruned regularly to maintain a quality crop. Fertilizer may be applies in early spring before sprouting and again in late May.
HARVEST TIME: Early summer and fall
HABIT: Raspberry canes produce high yields of large fruit with good color, firmness & flavor.
USAGE: Fresh eating, jams and jellies, freezes well, juices, desserts and baking.
PLANTING TIPS: For a summer and fall crop; prune back tall weak canes early in the spring. After the first harvest remove the canes that produced fruit for a second crop in the fall.
|Item Package Size|
Package of 1
4, 5, 6, 7, 8
|Estimated Mature Spread|
Harvest early summer to fall
Keep the top of the root ball even with soil surface.
Sandy Soil, Loamy Soil, Acidic Soil
Average, Well Draining
Attract Birds, Bee Friendly, Deer Resistant, Edible
Spring / Summer
|Ships to Hawaii, Alaska & Canada|