Where is my order?
Track Your Order Here You will need the email and billing address used for your order.
We provide you with an estimated ship week based on your USDA hardiness zone. Your ship week will be found on the checkout page and your order confirmation email. We also send a shipping confirmation email when your order is on its way to you.
We ship wildflower seeds, packets, and lawn & groundcover seeds year round, while our bulbs and perennials have specific shipping seasons based on the right time to plant them. For more information about our shipping, please visit our Shipping Information page for details about our shipping schedules.
For more information about our perennials, see How Our Plants Are Shipped.
How do I place a new order?
You can place your order one of two ways.
- We accept orders online through our easy-to-use website and your order can be placed using either a major credit card or PayPal.
- We also accept orders by phone, where one of our helpful gardeners can assist you in placing your order. We cannot accept PayPal by phone, and we are currently not accepting payments by check.
How do I add or make changes to my order?
You can add to your order up to a week before your order ships. The only way to add to an order at this time is to contact our Customer Service Department for assistance. Our team will add the requested items to your order, confirm the additional charge, and then send you an email with the updates to your order. If you originally used PayPal when placing your order, a credit card will need to be provided to process the charge for the added items.
When will my card be charged?
By placing your order in advance, you reserve your plants and bulbs in our inventory. This allows us to make growing commitments to our perennial and bulb partners. As the tradition has gone for mail-order gardening businesses, your credit card will be charged at the time your order is placed, through our secure credit card processor.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. PayPal can be used for online orders only.
I have a store credit. How do I redeem it?
To redeem your store credit, please place your order over the phone with our Customer Service Department. Give us a call at (877) 309-7333.
What do I do when my order arrives?
We ship our bulbs and perennials to you at the ideal time to plant in your area, so it is best to plant as soon as you can after arrival. This way it will give them the best chance to acclimate and establish in your garden.
Live goods, such as perennials, bare roots and bulbs, should be planted within the same season they are received and cannot be guaranteed if they are stored for an extended period of time.
Here are helpful tips for plants and bulbs:
- Tips For When Your New Perennials & Bulbs Arrive
- Storing Bulbs Before Planting In Spring
- How To Care For Perennials & Bulbs If You Can’t Plant Right Away
Wildflower seeds can be stored until the right time to plant.
Here are tips for storing seeds:
When you purchase from American Meadows, you are supported by decades of trusted experience and our Dig In Guarantee. Please see Our Guarantee page for details.
What’s On Sale? Do You Have Coupons?
Here are three ways to find the best deals at American Meadows:
- Click the “Offers” tab on our navigation bar
- Shop all seeds, plants, and bulbs On Sale Now
- Sign up for our emails here to get a coupon for your first order, and to be notified of our latest sales
We cannot honor coupons that are generated by third party sites.
Managing Your American Meadows Account
How do I create an account?
- Click on the Account tab in our navigation bar.
- On a desktop or laptop computer, the Account tab will be in the top right corner of the website, next to your shopping cart.
- On a mobile device, the Account tab will be at the bottom right corner of the website.
You can also create an account at checkout when you place an order.
*Please note: You must sign in to your account before you place and order, to make sure that all of your orders are recorded in your account.
How do I track my order without an account?
Track Your Order Here. You will need the email and billing address used for your order.
I have an account, why can’t I see all of my orders?
If you were not signed into your account at the time that you placed your order, that order will not be reflected in your account when you log in.
Unfortunately, at this time we do not have a way to add an order to your account if it was placed when you were not logged in.
Can I change my account email?
You cannot update the email address on your customer account. Our system uses email addresses to determine your customer file and order history. If you have a new email address, you will need to create a new customer account with the new email address.
How do I reset my password?
- If you are attempting to log in, and you enter the wrong password, the log in dialog box will pop up and ask you “Did you forget your password?”
- Click that link, and follow the instructions. You will receive an email that will assist you in resetting your password.
Growing & Gardening Questions
Where do I start?
If you are new to gardening, we are here to help! Our learning centers include helpful guides and inspiration to help you dig in.
- How To Choose Easy To Grow Plants: Includes helpful tips for getting started
- Meadowscaping Learning Center: Transform your yard and join the Meadowscaping movement.
- Wildflower Learning Center: Everything you need to know about growing wildflowers, from the experts.
- Perennial Learning Center: How to plant pre-planned gardens, perennials, and bare roots, and detailed planting guides for our most popular plants.
- Spring-Planted Bulb Learning Center: How to plant spring bulbs, including Dahlias, Gladiolus, Cannas, Callas, and more!
- Fall-Planted Bulb Learning Center: How to plant fall bulbs, including Tulips, Daffodils, Alliums, Crocus, and more. Planting is as easy as dig, drop, done!
What is a USDA Hardiness Zone?
Knowing your zone is critical before selecting plants because it allows you to purchase plants that will survive the extremes of the summer and winter months in your climate. Learn more and Find Your Zone Here.
Do you offer landscape design services?
We do not currently offer landscape design services but are happy to help you narrow down our plant selection online.
We also offer pre-planned gardens which include perennials and bare roots with a garden layout map to show you how to create your garden and where to plant each plant.
We also offer a selection of perennial collections which are a grouping of plants that solve for a gardening need, but do not come with a garden map, for those that like to plan their own plantings.
What does deer resistant or rabbit resistant mean?
Plants that we have given the designation of deer or rabbit resistant mean that that they are less likely to be eaten by these animals. They may have natural defenses like fragrant oils or bitter compounds in their leaves. See our guide to Choosing Deer Resistant Plants.
Deer resistant and rabbit resistant does not guarantee that the plants will not be eaten by critters. Wildlife browsing habits change from region to region and season to season. Environmental conditions such as droughts, fires, or new development can have dramatic and unpredictable effects on wildlife feeding habits. Animals are also more likely to eat tender new growth, which is why it is always important to protect recent transplants until they are established. Younger animals may also be more likely to “sample” plants they haven’t tried before, and while damaging the plant once, may never touch it again.
See our guide for 5 Strategies For Preventing Deer Damage In The Garden
Product & Company Information
Where are you located?
Our headquarters and wildflower seed warehouse are in Vermont. Our greenhouse, where we care for and ship our plants, is in Illinois. We partner with several growers across the country to provide you with top quality plants.
Are your products organic?
No, our products are not certified organic. All of our wildflower seeds are neo-nicotinoid free and non-GMO.
Can I use your images or articles?
For all media and press-related inquiries, including requests for high-res images, interviews, use of images or articles, and other information to publish online or in print, please fill out our Media Inquiry Form.
We believe in Doing Good Through Gardening. We will review your donation request and let you know if we can help support your cause. Please complete our Donation Request Form.