15 Everbearing Strawberries Ozark Beauty is one of the favorites among Ever Bearing (Spring and Fall) Strawberries. This one develops large, luscious red berries in both seasons.
Plant strawberries in spring as soon as your soil can be worked to a depth of 6-8”. Well draining sandy loam with plenty of organic matter in a sunny location is preferred.
1. The most common method for planting strawberries is in the matted row system. Set your new plants 18-24” apart in rows 3-4’ apart.
2. Allow their new runners to set in the row up to 2’ wide, removing plants that stray beyond that boundary.
3. Be careful to keep the crowns just at the soil surface, do not plant too deep or they might rot or too shallow as they will heave.
4. Water well at time of planting and continue irrigation through September as drought stress will affect harvest. Fertilize if necessary.
5. Remove flowers the first 2 months of the season so that plants produce more runners.
HARVEST TIME: Spring and Fall
HABIT: An abundant crop from spring until the first frost. Up to 200 flavorful, deep red, firm berries from a single plant. Will form a solid mat within the wide rows as they reach maturity.
USAGE: Fresh eating, jams and jellies, freezes well and baking.
PLANTING TIPS: Protect from severe winter cold and frost heaving by mulching with 3-4” of straw in late fall. Remove mulch in spring as temperatures moderate.
|Item Package Size|
Package of 15
Fragaria x ananassa Ozark Beauty
4, 5, 6, 7, 8
First crop in spring and another in fall
Plant so that the top of the root is 1" below the soil line.
Sandy Soil, Loamy Soil, Acidic Soil
Average, Well Draining
Bee Friendly, Attract Birds, Multiple Blooms / Rebloomer, Good For Containers, Edible
Spring / Summer
|Ships to Hawaii, Alaska & Canada|